Saturday, March 13, 2010

Drunk Chimney Sweeps in New York City

Fatal winds for umbrellas today. Every corner is littered with black
ghosts of umbrellas with wires protruding. As if the chimney sweeps on
a drunken craze from a Mary Poppins movie gone wrong. Stop signs
flutter in the wind like playing cards. Doorman give up. Get soaked.
And hope you will recognize them with green to commiserate their awful
day. Flights are delayed or cancelled. They are so backed up at the
airport that just cancelled my 6:15 departure. But then called back
and put me on a flight that was suposed to leave at 3 and will now
leave at 7:00. I still think that arriving home tonight is iffy. No
worries. I have my Zabar Deli bag of groceries for a gourmet picnic
either on a plane, in a lounge or at a airline gate making
announcements as the night goes on.

No comments:

5 THINGS TO GO LOOK AT!

1. NEW BLOG from ANDY EKSTROM
2. LATEST updates on Rick on Facebook
3. MY FAVORITE DESSERT ever!
4. 20 SONGS I am listening to - and you can download!
5. My blog about my wonderful grandmother GEORGIA!