Tuesday, January 26, 2010

AM I AT THE PERFECT AGE?


My birthday is coming up next Monday. It is an “in between” birthday. One of those ages that is in the middle – not too close to anything to really matter.


Today, I received an email from a restaurant. First of all – smart of them to send me a birthday wish a week before my birthday – rather than on the day. This way, perhaps I might think how desperate I was to do ANYTHING on my birthday – so why not come to their restaurant!

But they offer an interesting thought.

“You are the perfect age.”

Is it just a gimmick – a feel good notion to make all people feel good (and come to their restaurant?)

Or is it true. Are we at the perfect age – and do we have just the right knowledge?

I don’t think I would want to be older.

But would I want to be younger? But if I were younger, than I might not know what I know today – and I would be doomed to repeat what I didn’t know.

So, is this the perfect age? Did the restaurant get it right? Or will they simply be disappointed that I won’t be at their restaurant next Monday night? (I will be in Honolulu! So take that fast food chain restaurant!)

No comments:

5 THINGS TO GO LOOK AT!

1. NEW BLOG from ANDY EKSTROM
2. LATEST updates on Rick on Facebook
3. MY FAVORITE DESSERT ever!
4. 20 SONGS I am listening to - and you can download!
5. My blog about my wonderful grandmother GEORGIA!