Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A FEW QUESTIONS TO START THE YEAR

January 4. I was amazed how many people dreaded this day. The Monday back. The day people had to “do it all over again.” The day that took so many people back to what they really didn’t want to be doing, away from what they really liked doing.

For me, I was ready for the week to begin. I had a great 2009. I reflected on it. Organized lists to remember it by. And then put a nice little ribbon around it – set it on the shelf, and then moved on. Time for a great year.

But I do have questions. My mind was filled with them all day today…

QUESTIONS TO PONDER

1. How come most people on Facebook talked about “not ready to be back to work” today.

2. How come few people commented, “Wow – I am ready for a new year! Let’s go get it?”

3. How come all of the guys in my kickboxing class have gone away – and all that are left are twenty pretty kick ass women – and me?

4. And how come our instructor calls Monday “payback” day. And when she indulges on three French fries over the weekend, we pay the price?

5. Why do all new friends spend the first two years in when knowing me thinking about why I am not married, why I need to be married and how they are going to help me? Yet, when when I ask them, “Why, do I look unhappy?” And they say, “Well, no…but…”

6. Why do they run sales on food prices during the holidays, but afterwards, all of the sales are gone? Wouldn’t there actually be “extra” food around after the holidays – and they want to sell it?

7. What will they do with all of those spiral hams that didn’t sell over the holidays. And how long does a spiral ham last sitting there anyway?

8. Why do we end up with twenty jars of three quarters left condiments in the fridge? (Condiments – meet mister trashcan!)

9. Why did one of my friends ask his mother to come over and clean out his closet?

10. Why do some people resist setting new years resolutions? And why do 95% of people not meet their resolution? Or do those questions answer each other?

11. Why do people have a problem with full body scanners at the airport if the know it will save their lives? So what if some technician is looking at your scanned body. What do you think doctors and medical personnel do?

12. How often to people stop and really look at the scrapbooks they spend so much time to create?

13. If people make the same goals as they did last year, with the same effort as they did last year and yet they think they will have different results – why are they doing it again?

14. Why don’t more people eat this salad?

Alton’s Flower Power Salad. This is what I will be eating on Tuesday night.

15. What am I going to do with the rest of the jar of tahini in my cupboard?

16. What do you really do at 8:00 am anyway?

17. What is the must see show in New York right now? Inquiring minds about to visit New York want to know!

Just a few thoughts. This is what you get when I forget to have a glass of wine on a Monday night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Rick - loved this post! Will have to add some more q's I've been thinking of to it later, but in the meantime, here's a possible answer to #17 re NYC shows: I hear that "A Little Night Music" with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angela Lansbury is supposed to be really good. Something to check out, anyway! Talk soon!
-Katie

5 THINGS TO GO LOOK AT!

1. NEW BLOG from ANDY EKSTROM
2. LATEST updates on Rick on Facebook
3. MY FAVORITE DESSERT ever!
4. 20 SONGS I am listening to - and you can download!
5. My blog about my wonderful grandmother GEORGIA!