Saturday, January 2, 2010

JANUARY 1 - How are you celebrating?

It is another year

And for the last week, everyone I have met have asked me, "What are you going to do for New Years?"


When I told them I was staying at home to write and reflect, many were shocked! "What? Are you getting old? Are you crazy? You should be out kissing someone. You should be out partying."

But here is my perspective. Today, I enjoyed the idea that I have half an idea what my goals are for the upcoming year, rather than spending my day celebrating NATIONAL HANGOVER DAY.

What?

It may be born out of the marketing of a new movie that is out  but there is truth to the day. On a sports show today, a commentator said that January 1st was only good for three things: Nursing hangovers, eating leftovers and watching football.

Maybe for some - but not for me.
How about you?
Hangover? Leftovers? Football?
Or maybe some good old fashioned goal setting and making predictions for the upcoming year?

Happy New Years! Come back and see my blog for 2010!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waking up sharp and ready on January 1st without a hangover feels great. We celebrated our New Year with some of the top Thai dancers and performers in Hua Hin and managed to keep our 3 year older daughter happy and awake until 00:30 a.m. with the tunes of a famous Bangkok D.J. Fantastic. I agree that big parties with to much alcohol is overrated... E

Unknown said...

Didn't watch football, didn't drink the night before, didn't eat any leftovers. Worked on my 2010 goals and saw avatar

5 THINGS TO GO LOOK AT!

1. NEW BLOG from ANDY EKSTROM
2. LATEST updates on Rick on Facebook
3. MY FAVORITE DESSERT ever!
4. 20 SONGS I am listening to - and you can download!
5. My blog about my wonderful grandmother GEORGIA!